Dry Sevai for Eid!
- 1/2 cup pistas
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1 packet vermicelli
- Desi ghee to cook vermicelli
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup sugar syrup
- A few cardamom pods
- A pinch of saffron
- A handful of khoya
- Blanch the almonds and pistas in water and boil them for 30 – 45 seconds. Peel the skin off the almonds and unshell the pistas. Slice both into thin slivers.
- Cook the vermicelli in desi ghee, until there is a brownish hue. Once done, take them off the heat and strain the excess oil out. Keep the vermicelli aside.
- Add milk to the same pot. Once the milk comes to a boil, add sugar syrup and vermicelli while stirring gently. Be careful not the break it.
- The milk will start to soften the vermicelli and cook it.
- Add the saffron and cardamom pods and stir.
- Add a handful of almonds and pistachios and stir well. Keep the rest aside for decoration.
- Now add the final ingredient that is khoya. Grate a small piece into the kadhai and mix well.
- Once the milk is well absorbed, dry roast for a couple of minutes.
- Transfer the cooked sevai to a bowl and add the remaining slivers of almonds and pistachios for decoration.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Shop table linen to go with your dishes!